Friday 30 December 2011

So...that was 2011

I have not blogged on here for ten years (ok, maybe a few months) so...what have I been doing with myself? Well Sarah, here is a handy bullet point list to remind you:

*I kept a food diary, on Sparkpeople, for over a month. Every single bite accounted for. I lost a disappointingly small ammount of 2lbs, of which was knocked off the extra 4lb I had put on the few months before.
*My love for Zumba was reignited and I dusted off the DVDs.
*Weight before Xmas nomming: 15st 2lbs.
*Current weight: ......yeah RIGHT! That would just top off my end of year blues perfectly! Once normal eating has resumed I will face the scale and tell you allllll about it.

I had a lovely Christmas and hope everyone else did too. I just absolutely hate new year's eve/end of year/new year. I always reflect over the past 12 months and I have to admit that 2011 has been a strange one for me and thinking about it is making me feel a bit teary. In a nutshell I can remember exactly how I felt this time last year and how focused I was on kicking on with the whole get fit goal and how 2011 was going to be THE year that I did it. And I just didn't. I'm left feeling that I've totally disappointed myself and wasted this year putting on and losing the same bloody 7lbs all year and getting nowhere.

I've said countless times before how procrastination is my downfall and that is the main reason I stayed away from this blog as I didn't want to announce a new plan (oh god how I love the plans!) for me to only lose motivation/interest and look for a new answer. But I need an outlet and somewhere to dump out all these neg thoughts and occasional rants. So I'm back dear blog!

With 2012 peeking round the corner I really should be setting out my goals for the year ahead and writing out my 12 week plans, posting motivational quotes and announcing how 2012 will be my year. But I'm not. Not yet anyway. I need to get my head back in the game. I need to want it bad enough.

Until then. Hope everyone has a lovely NYE and I'll see you in 2k12!! Xx

2 comments: