Sunday 29 April 2012

Cracked It!!

Let's get straight to it. Weighed in this morning. 2lb loss. Excellent. What is even more exciting is I have now successfully cracked the 15st barrier. Woooo! I'm well chuffed :)

I'm doing things a tad differently this time. Instead of focusing on exercise, I'm turning my full attentions to monitoring my calorie intake (on MyFitnessPal). Which I have done before to little success, but this time instead of always trying to come under my calorie "allowance" I am trying to eat all my allowed calories. I've read many theories about this and it basically comes down to if you don't eat enough to compensate for your basic BMR (how many calories your body needs to function, not counting any movement whatsoever) then your metabolism is going to slow and therefore your energy-burning arsenal won't be working to its full potential. Seems to be working so far so I'm sticking with it.

Apart from walking, I haven't done any additional exercise but I will be going back to my Zumba class and doing some Pilates so will see how that effects things. I did go see Example in Manchester last night though and think I must have sweated at least one of those two pounds I lost today!!

My next goal is to reach 14st 7lbs, and I'm putting a shopping ban on myself until I do! Then will treat myself will a few frivolous purchases when I reach it :)

Until then, hope everyone is enjoying their weekends! x

3 comments: