Saturday 17 March 2012

I was Gone and Now I'm Back

I'm sure that is a lyric from a song but for the life of me I can't remember which one! Anyhoo, it neatly sums up my blog absence in one sentence.

Basically, I haven't not been trying to lose weight, it just hasn't been my main focus for the past few months (some relationshippy-stuff got in the way) but now the tides have turned and out of everything I have realised that I am the only person who can make myself happy, truly happy. And I'm feeling better about everything already!

After a layoff of a few months I made my grand re-entrance to la gym (well I may have exaggerated slightly - I just ended up trudging in all bleary eyed and hating myself for getting up so early). I have started the C25K plan for the six millionth time - I swear I will finish it one day!

That afternoon whilst in work I perused the gym timetable and saw my much beloved Zumba class was a) now free (GET IN!!) and b) was now on twice a week (DOUBLE GET IN!) So that evening I trudged back to the gym for the second time that day to get my Zumba-on. I bloody loved it! There is a new tutor (who I love) but she did seem content to kill us by making us do every type of squat to one song! But then anything to 'downsize' the thighs - I'm all over it!!

With the C25K plan being based over 3 days per week, the Zumba classes fit in perfectly to fill in the two other days. I also would like to try the pilates class on a Saturday morning (didn't make it today but ended up doing a killer pilates DVD in its place). So my proposed workout schedule will look something like this:

Monday: C25K.
Tuesday: Zumba class.
Wednesday: C25K.
Thursday: Zumba class.
Friday: C25K.
Saturday: Pilates class or DVD.
Sunday: Thy day of rest!

Let me know your exercise plan - because I'm nosey like that ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment