Friday 31 December 2010

2010 Review

There is 45 mins until 2010 is done and dusted and the fresh new start of 2011 is upon us all. 45 mins, I thought, to have a look back over my year and look forward to the next 12 months.

Let me take you back to January 2010 - Christmas, New Year and my birthday were all over and I felt absolute shite, weighing in around the 18st stone marker. I felt sluggish, unattractive, embarrassed, unhealthy and generally crap. It was at this time where I started to make a real effort of losing weight and being more healthy.

I dropped the first couple of stone by myself then, as I came to a plateau, joined WW online and then the gym. With this combination I slowly creeped to under 15st for the first time in a LONG time. But then...

A holiday and some work comitments took my eye of the prize and I started to put a few pounds on, then off, then on...etc.

I was determined that this Xmas I wouldn't indulge as much as last year as I didn't want to feel like I did at the beginning of this journey. What have I gone and done? Stuffed myself silly! I feel like I have been let loose from some self imposed ban and over indulged in everything, which then makes me think - have I learnt anything at all?

On WW I eat if I have points left rather than whether I'm hungry or not (bad). The Pro Points came at a bad time and I don't think I have really got to grips with it, mainly because the weeks I put in the effort I got a very unrewarding result of STS or 1lb loss. Xmas is obviously still a lesson to be learnt in self restraint - I just can't imagine tracking over this period.

So I'm sat here feeling quite merry (due to the large amounts of alcohol consumed....hic!) but deep down i'm dissapointed in myself for taking huge strides backwards, I feel really pap :( I'm dying to go to the gym and start eating normally but I have another family buffet to go to tomorrow so......ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just need all this excess food and booze to dissapear as if it is around me I cannot resist temptation (maybe for one day, but not the next).

Anyways, the positives of this year have shown I can lose when I put my mind to it but I am debating in WW is really the right method for me.

On the exercise front I joined a new exercise class and fell in love with Zumba, tried the imfamous Shred and got back into gym time before work.

I just need to get my head back in the game (and stop dipping my hand in the Quality Street tin!)

Let's end this post on a high note! I have high hopes for 2011 - I want to visit New York, get a job in the creative sector, get my own pad, and obviously lose weight. I'm not making any resolutions but i'm going to maintain blogging and look forward to my 2011 Review post reporting on a fun-filled, successful year!! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment