Monday 10 October 2011

Start Small, Dream Big

Monday, as every person who has tried to lose weight before knows, is the official start date for any new workout plan/healthy eating regime.

I had planned on setting out my goals for this week over the weekend...but I actually didn't get round to deciding on what I would do until about 7:30pm this evening!

The gloomy weather and full day of work made me feel about as much in the mood for exercising as sticking raw chillies in my eyes. Lay on my bed listening to music I cast my eyes across the shelves stacked with DVDs. Hmm, should I do one? Which one can I be bothered doing?

I went for Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for these reasons:

a) It's only 20-odd mind long.
b) It's a really intense workout that gives an all over workout, burns calories and makes you really feel like you've done something worthwhile.
c) After going on about all these 90 day programmes, this will be a good test to see how I fare with a third of that commitment (in previous attempts on this DVD is hasn't been great...but today is a new day/week/30 days!)
d) err...did I say it's only 20 mins long?!

I love/hate this DVD. I love the 3-2-1 concept (you do three rounds of 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs + warm ups and downs) and I love/hate the intensity - LOVE that working that flat out makes an efficient use of your time and is better than half-arsing it at the gym for an hour yet HATE the intensity as it kicks my arse!

I'm going to take some full length piccies tonight to compare later down the line. At this point in time I'm taking baby steps so only going to commit to one week of doing this DVD. At the end of the week I'll review whether I continue for another week or change it for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment