Wednesday 11 August 2010

Let's Get Popping!

Pop! Pop! Pop! What a great sound. So carrying on from the theme of snacks I decided to buy a bag of plain old popping corn this lunchtime and made a small bowl of it for an after dinner snack...and it was delicious!



Just so quick and easy. I just stuck half an ounce (around 14g) of corn into a bowl (with a lid) and popped into the mircowave for 2-3 minutes. I could eat it plain but as I only made a small amount (which in fact made a load!) I treated myself to a teaspoon of sugar sprinkled over.

It works out at 0.5 points for the 1/2 oz of popping corn and another 0.5 points for the teaspoon of sugar. Very reasonable! Also, it's very filling and because you can leave it to pick at it you really feel like you've had something substantial - which I don't feel like when I have a snack bar (which are higher point values).

So, just to clarify, I love homemade popcorn!

I did spoil the low point snack by having a mini muller rice pot as well - but I have more than enough points left over today so I can afford it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment